Medusa Playing Cards with 7 Marking Systems by Antonio Cacace and Dylan Mastrominico
Medusa Playing Cards is not just a deck, they are a powerful tool for magicians and mentalists. The deck comes in Mnemonica Stack right out of the box, the cards are marked in seven different ways that have been incorporated perfectly into the design in order to be invisible to the spectator's eyes. This is the Holy Grail of magic.
- Mnemonica Stack right out of the box.
- 7 different marking systems.
- Completely custom.
- True linen B9 finish.
- Printed by Cartamundi.
- 2 identical Jokers.
- 1 double face card.
- 8 of Spades duplicate.
- Gold seal.
- When purchasing the Medusa Playing Cards, you will also receive an instruction card with a link and password to see a PDF. This reveals the markings and a video explanation of many possible routines with this deck made by Antonio Cacace.
Marking systems features:
- The deck is marked for value and suit.
- Each back also tells you what the previous card was.
- If a spectator cuts off a portion of cards, the top card tells you exactly how many cards they are holding.
- You can tell how many court cards are in the spectator's pile.
- You can tell how many even and odd cards are in the spectator's pile.
- You can tell how many red and black cards are in the spectator's pile.
- You can also tell the values' addition of the previous cards.
- Each card reveals its own position in the stack.
The best feature of these marking systems compared to other marked decks is that they use a code that is very easy to read for those who know the secret, but they are unreadable for the spectator. In addition, the design makes the marks as hidden as possible for those who do not know where to look.
The back design is strongly inspired by the standard and timeless decks like the Tally-Ho. In creating this back, we used snakes (to keep the Medusa theme) as the main element creating patterns surrounded by lines and dots. These cards do not attract too much attention at first glance. A positive feature, especially for magicians who don't want their audience to believe that it is a tricked deck, especially if marked in seven ways.
All the faces have been modified, but we kept the total look very similar to a standard deck.
Personalized face cards with modern elements take the dust off the original standard cards without destroying the classic look and feel. Medusa Playing Cards has redesigned pips, suits and suits' size and disposition. We used a thinner and slightly smaller font for the pips (it is the same font as the logo). We didn't want anything that's too fancy, so you have something familiar but not standard.